Thursday, May 18, 2006

Crooked Timber ? ? STFU Syndrome

This is a nice riff on an old standard....

"Son, we live in a world that has blogs, and those blogs have to be guarded by men with computers.
Who’s gonna do it?

You?

You, Lt. Waring?

I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom.

You weep for Reynolds and you curse the Keyboarders.

You have that luxury.

You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Reynolds’ existence, while tragic, probably saved lives.

And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don’t want the truth because deep down, in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on that blog.

You need me on that blog.

We use words like “fisk,” “indeed,” “heh” …

We use these words as the backbone to a life spent at home defending something.

You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a woman who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the endlessly self-important invective that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it!

I would rather you just said thank you and went on your way.

Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a laptop and start to post.

Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to!"

Posted by Kieran Healy May 14th, 2006 at 7:58 am

No comments:

Days Left Until Bush Leaves Office, Maybe, Countown Clock